Sunday, September 02, 2007

Improv Knitting Gee's Bend Style

  

 It's not that I haven't been knitting, it's that I haven't been blogging (or always taking photos, although I manage to take photos of knitted items that are going out the door so that I don't forget what I did!).

(different light, different photographers, with different skills is why the colors look different.  OK, fuchsia and chartreuse and red are hard to photograph).

 

Here is my first attempt at short rows, Gee's Bend style, thanks to Nona's tutorial on improvisational knitting.  I followed it to the letter, except I changed colors every time instead of repeating colors.  Also, as you can see, I didn't weave in the ends as I went along. (Tahki Cotton Classic was slippery).   Next time, I will. 

I didn't do the side pieces, so it's a little "bulge-y" on one side but it has rhythm!

 

BTW, the tutorial is GREAT!!!  Very detailed where it needs to be, but not overly so.  After a while, what you are doing becomes intuitive and at that point, Nona's  must have figured that out and and the directions become even easier  to follow.  Thanks, Nona!  Keep writing great tutorials!!!

 

Finished and been through the wash a number of times.  Jim uses it as a polishing cloth for one of his many musical instruments...

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home