Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Old Vogue Swatch

 

My fascination with 2 color slip stitch continues.  This garter slip stitch pattern is from an old Vogue Knitting magazine I un-earthed (I mean re-discovered in a closet) and looks as fresh as it did when it was presented in 1994.

It starts to have a mosaic feel, but the pattern is not charted, and has a repeat that becomes fairly easy to remember.  Combined with the stockinette slip stitch band above and below, makes for a pleasing  overall pattern.

 

 

 

Then I just kept going...

;*)

 

2 Comments:

Blogger ingridknits said...

This is just cool. I have a fascination with older Vogue knitting patterns. I found this great Vogue book from 1973. The patterns were more suggestions than patterns, very vague, but the finished products are just lovely. What will your swatch become? A tiny, tiny sleeve? ;)

9/04/2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger catknitz said...

Hey, thanks. Probably this will just become something that follows me around and grows longer or I figure out what to make out of the pattern stitch. I'm not a keeper of swatches... ;*) -C

9/05/2007 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home