Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Acrobats and Puppy Dogs Need Help

Barbara Walker at some of her most whimsical.

 "Acrobats" (Band 55, figure 91) on the bottom row and Puppy Dogs (Mosaic 105, figure 69) on the top, from Mosaic Knitting by Barbara Walker.

 

 

Working on what to do with the wavy sides of this Button Knot Bib.  As you can see, I have started a single crochet to see if that will tame the wave, but I think I will have to be "less tentative" as a friend suggested with my crochet so that it asserts itself over the wavy edge.  I may try a "pick up and knit a garter edge" on the other side to see if that helps, but I am not very good at picking up stitches evenly, so I do it with trepidation...

 

 

 

3 Comments:

Blogger hakucho said...

Where it's a bib I think I would do an applied i-cord if it were me:
http://www.knittingatknoon.com/atticord.html
You did a wonderful job on the mosaic. It will be a very cute bib, plus I bet you won't see any stains with the colors and pattern...very good choice :)

9/07/2007 4:17 PM  
Blogger hakucho said...

Now that I scrolled down further in your blog posts...I definitely would do an applied i-cord -
since you are using i-cord for the straps. Here is a dishcloth that I added the applied i-cord. It was super easy.
http://hakucho.blogspot.com/2006/09/my-first-log-cabindishcloth-that-is.html

9/07/2007 4:22 PM  
Blogger Bashirs Momma said...

That is SO adorable. I love it. I am too much of a novice to offer advice, but it is really cute!

Good luck!

10/07/2007 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home